Undeniably, one of the fastest dishes is pasta. Pasta with cheese - a taste that is known to everyone. And who does not know the Roltans; Boil the water, aplej and the food is ready!
In this article we will look at what pasta is, its history and types.
By definition, pasta is a foodstuff made from a mixture of flour, eggs and water, which is formed into various forms and then boiled.
According to the Pasta Association, there are more than 600 types of pasta and more than 1300 names.
History of pasta
In Marco Polo's Travels, there is an excerpt that briefly mentions the plant that produces flour. The Chinese used this plant to create a meal similar to barley flour. The barley-type meal mentioned by Polo was used to prepare a number of pasta-like dishes, including one described as "lagana" (lasagna). As Polo's original text no longer exists, the book is largely based on the narratives of various authors and experts. So it turns out that after this story, before the 13th century. China was the first to invent pasta ?!
Archaeologists believe that Central Asia is probably the first area where pasta was produced thousands of years ago. From Asia it went west. How it came to Europe is unclear, although there are many theories - some believe that nomadic Arabs are responsible for bringing early forms of pasta to the West.
However, pasta or pasta is and will remain a traditional Italian dish. And everyone in Italy is associated with delicious pizzas and pasta recipes.
6 interesting facts about pasta
- Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States, introduced Americans to delicious food as early as the early 18th century.
- Italians eat a lot of pasta, about 26 kg per person per year. Calculating the number of people in Italy and how much each eats pasta, it turns out that pasta could cover the planet 15 times.
- Although the word "mail" may seem quite international at the moment, in reality the meaning of the word varies depending on the language you use. For example, in Latin, pasta means 'pastry cake', while in Greek it means 'barley porridge'. The latter doesn't sound so good. However, in Italian, pasta actually means 'paste'. And in Latvia we have pasta pasta.
- According to scientists, pasta can actually make people happy on a deeper level. This is because pasta is high in carbohydrates. These carbohydrates increase the amount of serotonin in the body, which many scientists consider a sense of happiness and well-being.
- Pasta was originally eaten by hand, as sauces and toppings were invented later.
- Pasta is considered healthy for dogs and cats because they can help them grow and provide them with beautiful, healthy and shiny fur. However, it is not recommended to give them too often.
Types of pasta
There are so many types of pasta. Fortunately, they can be grouped into a few categories:
- short pasta
- long pasta
- sheet pasta
- stuffed pasta
- dumpling pasta.
Long pasta can be rolled by hand or made with an extruder, but many types of short pasta (not all) need to be made with an extruder to create their unique forms.
Finished.com, of course, has also prepared some pasta or pasta recipes, check them out, you will probably get ideas for delicious meals.
Enjoy your meal!